Eyelid plastic surgery, eyelid surgery, or blepharoplasty, is a surgical procedure to improve the appearance of the eyelids. The surgery could be done on the upper lids, lower lids, or both upper and lower lids at one time.
Blepharoplasty is a type of eyelid plastic surgery done under local anesthesia:
- to get rid of the bags under the eyes that involve the lower eyelids,
- to remove excess skin and protruding orbital fat in the upper eyelids.
The effect lasts even for several years and in some cases it is permanent.
An effective method for drooping eyelids
Eyelid correction is a surgical procedure that, by correcting drooping upper eyelids or removing fatty hernias within the lower eyelids – lower eyelid plastic surgery, makes the face look more refreshed and the eyelids do not limit the field of vision. Eliminates the so-called “bags” under the eyes and smoothes wrinkles.
Thanks to a precise incision, the scar resulting from the operation is invisible.
After the operation is completed, you can easily return home. The seams are removed after a few days.
Who is eligible for drooping eyelid surgery?
People of all ages who struggle with the problem of drooping eyelids or eyelids are eligible for the treatment. Both women and men apply.
Eyelid lifting procedure – contraindications:
- active viral or bacterial infections
- bad results of laboratory tests
- pregnancy and breastfeeding
- the tendency to form keloids
Eyelid surgery effects
After the procedure, bruises and swelling of the upper and lower eyelids may occur, even if only one of them was operated on. These changes gradually subside over 7-14 days. The advantage of blepharoplasty is the short and painless course of the procedure and the lack of hospitalization.
Eyelid lifting – the most important information
How to prepare for eyelid lifting surgery?
- Ok. 10 days before the procedure, you cannot take aspirin, vitamin E.
- What tests should be done before eyelid surgery?
- Before the operation, a set of laboratory tests should be performed, which will be prescribed by the doctor. These include morphology, APTT, electrolyte levels.
- What are the contraindications for eyelid surgery?
- These are vascular defects, anemia, diabetes, high blood pressure, purulent inflammations on the skin of the face.
Our Center offers laser eyelid surgery
Frequently asked questions by patients:
What to lubricate the eyelids after surgery?
Ask your doctor about post-treatment recommendations. The use of any preparations or ointments should be consulted. Usually, preparations with extract of arnica mountains, which have anti-swelling properties, are recommended.
How much does it cost to lift an eyelid?
Depending on the chosen method, the patient’s predisposition, and expectations, the price of the procedure starts from PLN 3,000. See the price list: https://plusmed.info.pl/en/price-list/#chirurgia-plastyczna
What treatment for drooping eyelids is the best?
The procedure that gives the most satisfactory results is blepharoplasty. Under local anesthesia, excess skin on the eyelids is removed. The recovery period and return to normal functioning take about 3 weeks.
How long will the eyelids heal after surgery?
- The skin is sutured with thin sutures, and then bandage plasters are applied to the suture line.
- Postoperative discomfort and swelling can be alleviated by applying cold compresses for about 5-10 minutes, repeated several times a day.
- After a few days, usually on the 7th postoperative day, the sutures are removed. Scars may appear red for a short time but fade after a few days. After several days from the treatment, swelling and bruising disappear. After about two weeks, patients may return to professional activity. For the period prescribed by your doctor, you should avoid tanning.
- The final effect of the treatment is visible after approximately six months.
How much does plastic surgery of the eyelids cost?
Depending on the chosen method, the patient’s predisposition, and expectations, the price of the procedure starts from PLN 4,200.
See the price list: https://plusmed.info.pl/en/price-list/#chirurgia-plastyczna
Is blepharoplasty reimbursed?
All treatments in our facility are fully paid for.
There is a possibility to use the Mediraty.pl offer.
Opinions of our patients:
– I underwent plastic eyelid correction cause basically, only this part of my body and appearance revealed how old I could be. I take great care of myself since I was 40 years old, but I didn’t manage to stop the aging processes around the eyes. Botox alone turned out to be insufficient. I decided on surgical intervention. I endured the procedure and recovery very well, and today I am enjoying a visibly rejuvenated look.
Consultations and procedures in the field of blepharoplasty are performed by:
specialist in plastic surgery Karolina Małek-Stelmachowska
general surgery specialist, specialist in plastic surgery Katarzyna Michalska